Monday 28 January 2013

Ten Guilty Pleasures.

Firstly, I stole the topic. I was out of any topic to write about, so I decided to surf the internet for some good topics to write about. And, I found this. FYI, Just the topic, the matter's all mine!



So, the ten guilty pleasures I have include:

1) Being cynical and critic-al about almost everything.
I've tried being very good, and have also tried loving my surroundings, but something inside me pushes me to the brink and causes me to spill out only cynicism. I would love to feel what loving the world was like, but my mind doesn't permit me to be amused. 
I was once told by someone near and dear, when I told them I loved the pyramids, that, they found it weird, and then said, 'It's weird from you, because I've never seen you be fascinated by anything!' And that is true. On reflecting, I realised, that I hated almost everything, and the worst part being, I love hating. 
I am guilty for this, since I've hurt feelings and sentiments, at times I go on to the level of criticising people whom I'm supposedly supposed to respect. But, it's fun. It's great from within to insult hate and pin-point everything, and feel like there is no one more superior. 
I am guilty, but hell yess, it's a part of my existence. 

2) Bitching.
I am a girl, and girls bitch. So, as simple as it sounded, that simply I let myself do it. I feel really bad, really really bad from within, when I talk about my own friends and my mind tells me that they've been good too! But, it's an irresistible pleasure, and for this one, I'm truly guilty. I can accept any level of punishment. 
PS By bitching, I mean, simple talking bad behind the back of one individual and discussing their flaws (sometimes the good qualities). Do not take it to another level. Thank you.

3) Being skeptic.
It's good to question things, but not to a level where you doubt what each one says. I have an issue with believing what I'm told. I need to experience it and then be sure of it. For this, I've gotten myself into issues with people, since I disregarded the previous judgments. I don't know if take real pleasure in this, but it sort of calms my mind when I investigate for myself. 

4) Being a morning-person, at 11.00am. 
I know, my mother loathes me for this, and I hate myself for it too. Sleeping is such a drug, you know? 
Legend says, 'Early to bed, and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.' For me it's twisted. It goes, early to bed, and late to rise...still produces similar results. 
I don't like the idea of getting up late, I even scold my brother for it, but it's just an irresistible pleasure! Going to bed and not waking up until nature calls you. Sigh.

5) Eating, rather, over eating.
I've never been on a diet in my life, forget that, I doubt being on a balanced diet.
I'm such a foodie, that I feel I might explode someday. Often people complain about being fat without eating, or being thin after eating, well, I am what I eat. 
Cheese, cold drinks, macroni, pizza, pasta, chole bhature, cakes, cream, and just everything that says 'WHOLE FAT'. It's gotta be tasted. 
I'm pretty guilty about that, for my own sake. I can't fit into gorgeous dresses, and can't flaunt my saree that way I'd want to. But, since I'm said to be cute, I accept my crime, and shall continue to do so. 

6) Not exercising.
Of course, even those who slog in the gyms know that it's a pleasure to sit at home and chop (Nigerian slang). So is it with me. And I am guilty. Yeah, whatever. Shut up.

7) Not being very helpful.
I often do not help my friends when in need. I am not told so, but I feel so. 
They ask me to do their work, and I politely refuse. I feel guilty, but c'mon, I have the right to feel the pleasure in seeing all of you work your *ahems* while I've done all my work. *Evil grin!*

8) Being moody.
It's lovely to follow your moods. To dwindle according to your hormones. I know it gets on the nerves of my friends, but I enjoy it. I am guilty, maybe will try to resist it, but, ugh!

9) Being rude, as if I'm the king of the world. Correction: queen.
I was just rude again to someone. Ugh, I can't help it. 
When people be dumb, and behave all 'Ow, I can't do all of that' I could skin them off, or skin myself. 
It hurts them, and their ego, but I have a huge lot of it in store.

10) BEING LAZY!
I reserved this for the end. Haahh, I am a freaking lazy bone! I can never get myself to work unless forced to. And now I've begun leaving important tasks too.
I am scared if I'll refuse to hold the pen and write during an exam, because three hours is a long while to write. I'm scared if I'll feel too lazy to exercise my brains in a MCQ test. It sounds far-fetched, but it's true. I am not scared of the questions, but am afraid of the idea of such intense labor. 
But, I still have the hope, since I've typed pretty long. 
I am guilty, but it's fun sitting there on the couch setting all around you to work. 



It feels good, being guilty. And that could be point number eleven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment