Saturday 19 January 2013

Keep Calm and Live On.


Finally, I’ve found some solace. Have been doing what I hate seeing others do, sticking my eyes on lit up screens (a still doing it, but this is a bit different. As I see it, at least!) Finally, I decided to write.

These days, the ones I’m going past, and so are my friends, are taking their toll on us. Not because we’ve been all so bad, but so that we don’t turn out to be so. The onset of 2013 has been a heart-breaker. With tests and exams, mocks and boards, we’ve been showered with all kinds of interesting pieces of literature. Modern day literature.

Being under such pressure does make you strong. “What doesn’t kill you makes you strong”, I know, but this one’s  a bit lesser than killing, but more than just bearing. Actually, sometimes, it’s nothing.

The day for each one of us, (maybe just me) begins with an alarm that plays titanic’s ‘Every night in my dreams, I see you, I feel you’ at 6.00am, and then goes into snooze mode. And if I feel too clever, it shuts up for the next twenty-four hours. But, that how it begins. Then, by 7.00, you’re all set to shatter your surroundings. Not really.


Now, from that start till the end at 1.00am, all I can recollect is some amount of optics, amines, DNA and at times a bit of Aunt Jennifer’s tigers. A bit of chopping, mumbling, singing and dancing goes on, but it’s pretty vague to be mentioned.

The day passes by, and what we learn is retained, hopefully. The next day again greets me with ‘Everynight in my dreams, I see you, I feel you, and that is how I know you (PHYSICS!!).’

What I mean to say is, the fear of forgetting how to live, how to express, how to see the beauty in things, how to be creative, how to do something artistic, how to sing and dance, how to be spontaneous, how to smile and greet; should not be lost. That’s why I had a resolution that would help ‘me’ be intact.  Poetry should go on, and the rhythm of music should always follow you. Academics is mandatory.

We’re all living a life, in which tools we made to help ourselves govern us. Somewhere or the other, we’re just mechanical and dead. Maybe, not even living. Living quite arbitrarily. In this crazy race, in this tremendous fight for peace, let’s just live on as if we were living.

Let’s let the rain pour not on us, but into our lives, let the winter take with it the stiffness and coldness of our souls and heart. Let summer heal us from within, and let’s just do what we can do best if we try to: LIVE!


Lines from the wake up call:

Near, far, (peace and solace) wherever you are,
I believe that the heart does go on.
Once more you (happiness) open the door,
And you're here in my heart,
And my heart will go on and on!”

No comments:

Post a Comment