Friday 8 March 2013

Love the Life you Live, Live the Life you Love: My Foot! (Full version.)


Living and loving, were synonymous words. When I say this, I’m probably talking about the era of the Bible or maybe the Satya Yuga, times when Jesus and Rama dwelled on with a backbone of love, and not the (fat) flesh. I might even be going wrong at places, because despite the fact that the Ramayana encircled around love in search of a lovable life, eventually, society predominated the love life. Even then, you couldn’t live the life you love, and it was worse then. Laxmana’s wife lived (rather died each day) for fourteen years without him, Rama lived without his father, couldn’t even witness his dead body. What do you call this? Living the life you love?

Basically, my point it, no matter what the epoch, era, whatsoever; life never really offers you a wholesome chance to love. Maybe, the Kal Yuga is even better, since we betray the systems of life and nature to lead the lovable life. But eventually, we’re trapping ourselves to a life worse.

I’ve written confusing stuff eh?

Let me make it clear. In simple language. 



When a child is born, he wants to get back into to warmth of the womb, when we’re put into school, we resist the whole idea. We always want to grow old, and then desire to be young again. We want to earn and spend for ourselves, but then realize that living at someone’s expense was much easier. Simply, we’re sacrificing at each step of life, moving ahead with huger and heavier baggage. And then somewhere, on some billboard (like me) you’ll come across: “Love the Life you live, Live the Life you Love!” * Freakin’ S#!t.* You spit out the words, and with anger and guilt somewhere, you move ahead thinking of how well advertisements could make fun of your life.

My father, depicted this to me one day, when I asked him if he was happy with life, and why he thought so much for making little decisions about where to invest and where to settle. Whether he should send me abroad, or let me go to my own country. These decisions were little to me. They seemed way easier than deciding what to wear to a party, at that age of 13.

He said, “Life is like a pyramid, the broad base being your childhood. You have lots of place to run around. You can jump and be ecstatic and will have no harm caused. Then you become teenagers. You reach a newer level. The base gets narrower. You can run, but not too far, or you’ll lose path. Then you become adults. This time, it’s not just you. There’s your wife, your kids, and their lives depend on you. Level three is very hard. A little mistake and you fall of the edge. Along with your family.” He told me, that he was on level three. So he couldn’t just chose what he wanted and couldn’t keep us to himself. He has taken his decision. It’s not depriving him of love, but it’s not what he would have loved.

Being a hippie is great. You distribute peace and love. But what about those who can’t be hippies? Not all are born with silver spoons, and not all die with them. Yet life goes on.  We live the life society makes us live. We read the great quotations, and sigh day and night. But, we still chose to live. The brave ones do.  They just somehow find a way to love the life they’re bound to live. Destined to. And when they learn how to find the lost happiness in their miserable lives, they die leaving behind theories of loving life.



So, let’s all just love the life we live, even if it’s not the life we love.









I just thought I’d post the lyrics of one of my favorite songs.

“Raindrops keep falling on my head
And just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed
Nothin' seems to fit
Those raindrops are falling on my head, they keep falling

So I just did me some talkin' to the sun
And I said I didn't like the way he' got things done
Sleepin' on the job
Those raindrops are falling on my head, they keep falling

But there's one thing I know
The blues he sends to meet me won't defeat me
It won't be long till happiness steps up to greet me
Raindrops keep falling on my head 

But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin' red
Crying's not for me
Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'
Because I'm free
Nothing's worrying me!”

[My comment (not needed, yet I intend to share)]: And then of course, it might just be raining men, raining so strong, that it’s soaking wet! *Insert the stupidest, yet happiest expression you’ve ever seen here.* :{D .


No comments:

Post a Comment