Monday 31 December 2012

Our Generation of Idiots!


I’ve wanted to write about this for long, like really long, since I can remember. And today is the inauguration of my thought. It’s been in my mind for centuries, technically, since the 21st century got on its hype.

Being really introvert, I think people might presume that I must love doing this, but believe me, I’m a revolutionist when it comes to idiots stuck up with their phones.

Firstly, I’d like, no, love to share a piece of knowledge that my mother bestowed on me, and continues to bestow on my brother, ‘Computers were made for us, and not the other way round!’

So, now as we both know what I’m talking about, (I already knew, I know! Just didn’t want to make you feel lonely!) I express my views.

I go out with friends, and picture a very highly intellectual conversation on people, monuments, architecture, evolution (not really) and when we sit there at the coffee house and I’m all set with a pen and paper to jot down important things I’ll learn from the conversation to come, I am offended!


My friends are staring into lit up screens with the blankest possible expression. They’re lost! They’re scrolling and pressing buttons, staring, staring! I sound like one who has miles to reach the technology of the present era, but no, that’s not true! I can beat each one at typing or what so ever tests your technology skills. The point here is, they’re just dumb! And they enjoy being ‘that’ dumb, for worse!

Must be thinking, why don’t I say something? Oh, I do. I snatch a phone at times, but I’m shouted at. Seems like my company sucks to them. I don’t mind. I sit there, and decide to meditate or maybe plan about what article to write next. At times, while they’re bust replying to their boyfriends, and uploading duck-face pictures on their respective internet profiles, I make up a rhyme and get a glimpse of the next poem I’ll write. I attend to the waiters, and make sure they all don’t suffer from extreme loss of carbohydrate while they consume that stored energy in their body in the enormous task of staring blankly! (They have fat reserves, but still!)

Now, I might also get into my world of technology. My parents haven’t brought me up, oh so strictly, that I can’t even own a phone of mine to stare at while my friends do the same. I have one, but I prefer it to rest in my pocket. I also keep asking God to let it not ring, since I’d have to expose my eyes to its brightness. 

Hush, overall, I realize that I’m typing this article and don’t have a hired typist, but frankly, if I had a printing machine that printed for free, I’d write an article and circulate it for free around the globe. Not so easy, right? So I’m excused for occasionally typing on my blog.

And yes, you’re excused for reading it, since that involved staring and scrolling too. 

In the end, I just quote Late Albert Einstein, "I fear the day when the technology overlaps with our humanity. The world will only have a generation of idiots."





AMEN! 


No comments:

Post a Comment